Page Navigation

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Slow Cooker

We registered for a slow cooker following my mom's suggestion. She makes great Sunday dinners in hers that not only taste great but fill the whole house with great smells by the time we are home from church. We received it from a dear friend who geberously gave us some other great gifts that we will use for cooking and entertaining for years to come!

It is only today, over a year since we rec'd it, have I started using it. Can't really say what took me so long. Not only does it make a great meal it makes leftovers too!! Yay lunch for two days!

I jumped in head first last weekend and made a beef brisket with carrots and potatoes. Yummmm. After that success I went out to the bookstore for a cookbook devoted to slow cookers. The Family Circle Slow Cooker Meals won. Its got great recipes in a fun categories like stews, main dishes, veggie and even desserts! The pictures are colorful and each recipe has nutritional info - two features I like in a cookbook.

Today I cooked Confetti Chicken Chili - cannelini beans, peppers, carrots, chicken and just the right amount of spices. My one mistake was chopping everything too small but otherwise it is delish!

I plan on using the slow cooker throughout the winter and cannot wait to try more recipes!

Pictures - I fear my camera cord is missing in action ugh

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing. Keep me updated on your recipes. I plan on getting one of my own soon.

    ReplyDelete